Grades 4-8 Programming Options:
- EELP students work in small groups for 1-2 hours per week.
- Independent studies available for students in interest areas.
- Mentor/Mentee program with an older student or adult who shares particular interest or talent.
- Possible acceleration of curriculum options.
- Curriculum compacting option to test out of curriculum and advance to higher level.
- Honors Art-Creativity/Artistic ability.
Grades 4-8 Pull Out Program Curriculum Extended Learning 4-8th (Pull-Out)
The Extended Learning curriculum is based on the Autonomous Learner Model, developed by Dr. George T. Betts and Jolene Knapp. This model is a program designed to help learners work towards the goal of independent or autonomous learning. Working with this model helps meet the diverse cognitive, emotional and social needs of students.
Units/Activities may include:
- Hands-On Building Robotics (Mindstorm)
- Photography & Story Boards (Claymation)
- Current Events Studies (Thinking Cap Quiz Bowl)
- Invention and the Inventive Process
- Brainstorming and the Creative Development of Ideas
- Independent Projects
- Career or Higher Education Investigations
- Public Speaking and Presentations (Visual and Verbal)
- Community Service Projects.